Continuing Professional Development
Kohler Uninterruptible Power has extensive knowledge and experience of designing, specifying, configuring, installing, commissioning and servicing power protection solutions across a wide range of applications. Ideal for consultants and electrical engineers, Kohler Uninterruptible Power Ltd offers free technical seminars to keep you up to date with the latest power protection specification & selection requirements and the latest technology available.
The content of the seminar has been independently certified as conforming to CPD guidelines, by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers. Typically, held over a lunch-time, a specialist trainer will visit your site and the seminar will last approximately 1 hour.
Topics covered will include:
- UPS Fundamentals; key components, batteries & static switch
- UPS evolution & the latest UPS technologies
- Redundancy & architectures
- Selecting a UPS – Standalone vs Modular
- Using a Standalone UPS – case study of a typical installation
- Using a Modular UPS – case studies of typical modular centralised & decentralised systems
- Rightsizing & impact on total cost of ownership
- Causes of UPS failures & typical maintenance replacement cycles
- BACS battery management system & remote monitoring
This seminar can contribute to your CIBSE CPD requirement and following the seminar, all attendees will receive a CPD certificate, certified by CIBSE. Our certificate of course provision can be found here: