A practical insight to the often-misunderstood topic of fault clearing of loads and neutral earthing supplied by an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). Learn what the 18th edition regulations state, how a UPS operates in order to clear a fault, and things to consider when planning distribution. In this informative session Kohler Uninterruptible Power will cover:
- Neutral Earthing
- The galvanic isolation between input and output
- 4 Pole Changeover
- Earth Leakage
- Fault Clearance
- How does the UPS react to a downstream fault?
- Fault clearance with static bypass
- Fault clearance without static bypass
- Earth fault loops
- Inverter Specifications
- UPS operates in fault condition when used in conjunction with an IPS on the output.
About the trainer
Alex Emms is Operations Director for Kohler Uninterruptible Power Ltd. Alex has more than 30 years’ experience of the UK power protection business and 19 years’ service at KUP. Alex started out as a Field Service Engineer, progressing to Senior Engineer, Supervisor, Service Manager and now Operations Director.