Designed specifically for Electrical Engineers, Data Centre Managers, IT & Project Managers, Facilities & Estate Engineers, and anyone interested in improving their UPS and battery knowledge.
In this 1-hour CPD-accredited webinar by Kohler Uninterruptible Power and Yuasa, we will discuss:
- Selecting the correct battery type for an application
- How is a VRLA battery constructed and how does it work?
- What factors affect battery performance and service life?
- Planning and constructing a UPS battery installation
- UPS systems testing and maintenance
- End of life sizing calculations
About the presenters
Ian Newham, Training Manager, GS Yuasa Battery Sales UK. Ian has 23 years’ training experience of which the last 10 have been with Yuasa. He has a wide and varied knowledge of batteries having worked in the motor industry from 1985 in several roles for General Motors, Cosworth Engineering, OE vehicle manufacturers such as Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, and multiple training providers. Ian is an advanced automotive engineer (AAE) and a member of the Institute of the Motor Industry (MIMI).
Rob Taylor, Sales Director for Kohler Uninterruptible Power. Rob has 21 years’ experience in the Power Protection industry having worked in several sales and sales leadership positions, within Chloride, Emerson, and most recently Vertiv.
Rob possesses an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Manchester.