Designed specifically for Graduate Engineers, and Engineers who would like to improve their UPS knowledge, this FREE training course will cover information related to specifying UPS systems for mission-critical applications.
The course has been approved by CIBSE and will count towards your CPD points.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day. You’ll also have the opportunity to view live demonstrations of the modular and standalone UPS products within our demonstration suite.
This free-to-attend course is likely to be very popular, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- UPS fundamentals: internal components including Lithium-ion batteries
- UPS Topology; Standalone vs Modular. Choosing redundant and parallel UPS systems.
- Tier levels and Choosing a UPS system; single, parallel & redundant systems
- Availability considerations; MTBF & MTTR Battery systems, design life & sizing
- Neutral-Earth reference point for UPS systems
- Transformers and their use in circuits
- Fault clearance in UPS circuits
- Equipment demonstration
About the trainer
Alex Emms is Operations Director for Kohler Uninterruptible Power. Alex has 30 years experience of the power protection business and 19 years service at KUP.
Alex started out as a Field Service Engineer, progressing to Senior Engineer, Supervisor, Service Manager and now Operations Director. He is qualified with HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering and a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership.